_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Strasburg's mechanics questioned

I came across this link on Friday, but I didn't have a chance to write about it. I threw it to a friend of mine, and it's making the rounds now. For those that haven't seen it, here's the gist:

STRASBURG'S ARM IS GOING TO IMPLODE UPON ITSELF!

Yikes! The guy compares Stephen's arm action to Mark Prior (for the love of God, nooooooooo!!). There are some gifs comparing Strasburg to Prior, and for some odd reason, Pedro Martinez is thrown in. Does Pedro have good arm action? Bad arm action? A little help, please.

I dunno what to say, really. I swear, watching Strasburg throw in the Olympics was mind blowing. I was really, really impressed. The kid hits high 90's effortlessly, and had good presence. I say it's as simple as 1) sign him up, 2)plug him in, and 3)win the World Series. Don't make it all complicated with "[Stephen] attempt[s] to load his scapula in a forced manor." Seriously. Don't try and fool me with crazy words like "acromial", "deceleration phase", and "pendulum swing." This is baseball, you big geek, not grandfather clock ball.

No comments: