_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, April 4, 2008

Fucking Day Games

I didn't see the game, in the interest of full disclosure. Hell, I didn't even listen to it ('cept for the top of the 9th when I ran to my car to listen to Charlie call it (Die, Willy Harris, die!)). I was stuck using MLB's Gameday product. Which is....ok...I guess. When it's working. Most of the time it was lagging, and would freeze my whole browser up, though. I would have to wait until it caught up to itself, then showed 18 fucking pitches in two seconds. I'd have to scroll up to see the last three or so batters.
I tried to watch it on a P2P program, one called TvAnts. Recommended by a friend. What a fucker he was. His stream was working fine, but mine said, "Please wait while buffering..." It said this for 2 hours. I shit you not. When Gameday was locking up, I looked at that "Please wait while buffering...", teasing me, in the corner of my screen.
Actual snippet of a chat I was having at the time with a friend:
3:35 PM me: I'm trying to watch a P2Pstream on TvAnts
"please wait while buffering...."
FUCK YOU, YOU BUFFERING PIG FUCKER!
3:37 PM COCK SHIT DAMN!
I want to see this rally.
The next weekday day game is 5/15 @ the Mets. I gotta get me a solution by then, or my computer may look like this.

And the Dictatorship here hates buying anything new, for anyone.

3 comments:

Maryland Conservatarian said...

well this was fun - Go O's!! (for no apparent reason)

YTIKJ said...

TVAnts is money!

Rob Birch said...

You don't have any friends.